Ingredients that provides specific properties to food products to improve binding capacity, improve texture, improve freeze thaw properties and improve overall eating quality over the shelf life of the product.
Citrus Fibre is a unique natural fiber. It is a functional ingredient with a very high water binding capacity. These benefits can improve food texture, provide cost savings, as well as improve fibre claims.
- Can hold up to 13 times it’s weight in additional water
- Binds oils and fats, having emulsification properties
- Neutral odour and mouthfeel
We stock the following grades:
- Citri-Fi 100 – standard citrus fibre. Holds and binds up to 7 times its weight in water.
- Citri-Fi 300 – citrus fibre co-processed with Xanthan gum. Holds and binds up to 13 times its weight in water. 300 also provides emulsification properties.
- Blow-out reduction
- Fiber contribution
- Ice crystal reduction
- Improved quality through-out shelf-life
- Moisture retention
- Mouth-feel & texturiser
- Natural emulsification stabilisation
- Structure & strengthening
- Yield improvements
- Oil and fat reduction
- Egg reduction
- Fruit & vegetable pulp extension
- Allergen replacements
- Gum replacement
- Phosphate replacement
Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose
Sucrose esters of fatty acids (emulsifier)
We can access a wide range of hydrocolloids for different applications. We can help you decide what products to use in what applications.
We can access a range of apple and citrus pectins for a variety of uses.
Products include proteins from pork and beef, with poultry to be available in 2020.
Animal proteins are used for:
- water and fat binding
- improve mouthfeel
- Improve texture
- injected meat products
- small goods additions
- reconstructed meats.